CHET TV BINGO – 2024 House Rules
All Bingo players are advised to read the following House Rules which outline how CHET TV Bingo is played. Failure to read or understand these rules may result in false expectations and may also hinder the ability of viewers to play the game accurately. The House Rules will be posted on CHET TV’s website and will also be posted at all vendor locations where viewers can buy Bingo Papers. During the show our Bingo Caller will also remind viewers to carefully review the House Rules prior to playing.
Due to factors outside of our control, there is NO guarantee that every game will be broadcasted on TV and YouTube with 100% certainty. If technical issues arise that are outside of our control, we will do our best to get the game back up and running within a reasonable time. However, if we cannot work past the technical difficulties, the game will be terminated and rescheduled until further notice.
If TV Channels 655 on Bell, 40 on Eastlink or 28 on Air are down we will still play Bingo on CHET TV’s YouTube Channels. If our station’s internet is down and it is outside of our control to fix the issue, we will postpone Bingo until further notice.
The Chetwynd Communications Society has reviewed The Licensed Charitable Gaming Rules. All Directors, Employees and Volunteers will review and sign that they are aware of and will be compliant. Under The Licensed Charitable Gaming Rules, representative board members and the Bingo Manager will:
- Review and sign all contracts related to the Independent Bingo;
- Approve and sign the Gaming Event Revenue Report, which must be submitted within 90 days of the expiry of the gaming license; and
- Approve and sign the Gaming Account Summary Report.
- Two appointed Board of Directors members will be the Bingo Officers and will designate duties to the Secretary Treasurer, the General Manager, Employees and Volunteers.
The Prize Pot is always subject to change at the discretion of The Chetwynd Communications Society Board of Directors, based on our sales.
How to Play / Bingo Paper
- All Thursday games be will broadcast on Community TV, call letters CHET-DT (Channels 655 on Bell, 40 on Eastlink or 28 on Air) and will be streamed live on YouTube. (Restrictions may apply to our broadcast if technical difficulties arise as explained in the Overview )
- The Chetwynd Communications Society plans on hosting one weekly Bingo:
- Thursday Game: One weekly Live TV Bingo on Thursday at 7 p.m. Cards for this game will be sold in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, Tumbler Ridge, Hudson's Hope and Fort St. John, BC. (Please go to “CHET TV Bingo” on Facebook for a complete list of Card Vendors).
- The projected start date will be January 25, 2024 and January 30, 2024.
- A video of our rules will start at 7:05 pm prior to the start of the games.
- A review of Bingo Card Vendors will be given on community radio and community TV so viewers and know where to purchase Bingo Paper.
- Bingo Paper will be color alternated as per the Paper Distribution Company in Richmond, BC. 1-800-663-1195 as approved by the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (GPEB).
- The Bingo Papers are 3-UP and will include 7 colors – Purple, Green, Orange, Brown, Grey, Lime Green and Sky Blue.
- 3-Up Bingo Papers will be sold for $5.00 and $10 each and there will be no discounts. There are no additional prizes such as an automobile, house, etc. Bingo Paper cannot be paid for with credit as stated in The Licensed Charitable Gambling Rules.
- The Thursday Game will have 2 Combination Games and 2 Progressive Games:
- Thursday Game: (Game 1) Two Corner Stamps”, (Game 2) A Large Picture Frame all around the outside. These two Combination Games will be played on the same cards. After Game 2 is done, the calling board will be cleared and the Progressive Games will Begin. (Progressive Game 1) Larger Hallow Diamond, (Progressive Game 2) The Letter G. These two Progressive Games will be played on the same cards.
- Players who want to play The Progressive Games must buy separate cards for $10. Only players who bought Cards for the Progressive Games will be eligible to play and win.
- CHET TV Bingo will set very specific parameters on how to win Progressive Game 1 & 2. Players must Bingo exactly on a total number of balls called. For example, if the range announced is 20-22, then you must Bingo on 20, 21 or 22 TOTAL balls called in order to win the entire pot.
- If a player does not Bingo according to the parameters, we will keep playing until somebody Bingos, and wins a consolation prize of $2,000 for Progressive Game 1. And a consolation prize of $300 for Progressive Game 2.
- We have purchased the correct software for the display board which is on a computer, the approved blower, the balls and the software for the operation of the games. Visually, the drawing of the numbers is the central component of Bingo and all viewers will see each ball as it is drawn live.
- The Chetwynd Communications Society will drop off and pick up Bingo Paper from vendors in Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, Tumbler Ridge, Hudson's Hope and Fort St. John.
- Vendors will count the Bingo Papers that they receive upon delivery, they will sign for the number of Bingo Papers sold from the past game and they will return Bingo Papers which are not sold each week.
- On Fridays, a designated representative of the station will verify the amount of cash and unsold Bingo Papers being picked up at the vendor and will return both to the CHET TV headquarters. In the event of severe weather and/or poor road conditions, the vendor may be requested to shut down the sales by 3:00 pm and verify the number of sold and unsold Bingo Papers by telephone or email, plus keep the cash on hand. A representative will be sent to the vendor as soon as weather/roads permit.
- Each vendor is aware that their outlet cannot sell to minors (under 19). Advertising both on CHET-TV and Peace FM will address this very concisely. Sales outlets have requested that persons buying Bingo Papers show photo identifications.
- Posters are supplied to the vendors advertising the sale of Bingo Papers.
- Rules for advertising will be followed at all times with the GAMING POLICY AND ENFORCEMENT BRANCH (GPEB) cautioning against gambling on radio and TV.
- The Prize Pot is always subject to change at the discretion of The Chetwynd Communications Society Board of Directors, based on our sales.
- Bingo winners will deliver undamaged winning Bingo Paper, proper BC photo identification that is not expired and sign for their winnings.
- Bingo Paper must be sold and played as supplied by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation.
- Bingo Paper may NOT be cut or separated. Any other type of damage to the Bingo Paper will be inspected by Bingo Staff and dealt with case-by-case.
- Bingo Winnings must be picked up within 30 days of the Winning Bingo. If winnings are not picked up by then, they be will added back into the pot.
- If you have a monetary complaint, please contact our station in Chetwynd & Dawson Creek and ask to file a complaint form.
- Our Registered Gaming Officers will designate staff at specific locations to disburse Cash Prizes.
- Funds from the sales of Bingo Paper and disbursements to winners will be verified by the Secretary Treasurer or her designate, or the General Manager or his designate. Records of deposits will be maintained by the Secretary Treasurer or her designate and the General Manager or his designate.
- Prize Breakdown:
- Thursday Game (2 Combination Games PLUS 2 Progressive Games): The Chetwynd Community Society will have two Combination games and two Progressive Games. Combination Game Prizes will be $1,000 for Game One and, $1,500 for Game Two. These two Combination Games will be played on the same cards. The Progressive Game Prizes for Game 1 will begin at $3,000 and will continue to grow by $500 weekly until it’s won. A consolation prize of $2,000 will be awarded if the game is not won in the specific parameters. The Prize for Progressive Game 2 will begin at $5,000 and will continue to grow by $1,000 until it’s won. A consolation prize of $300 will be awarded if the game is not won within the specific parameters. These two Progressive Games will be played on the same cards. However, as stated by the GPEB Rules, when each Prize Pot reaches $30,000, the each game will be modified to allow the prize to be won more easily.
- Prize amounts may vary throughout the season at the discretion of the Board of Directors
- CHET TV Bingo will set very specific parameters on how to win The Progressive Games, and if met, winners may receive Combination Game winnings PLUS Progressive Game winnings. (Ex: Players must Bingo between 20-40 total balls called.
- Choosing NOT to play the Progressive Game will NOT have an impact on your game play or winnings for Combination Games.
- CHET TV Bingo will sell Combination Game Cards for $5 and Progressive Game Cards for $10.
- Players must telephone the published phone numbers to declare a Bingo. Once all telephone calls have been completed, an additional ball timer (40 seconds) will elapse before moving to the next game (or closing the broadcast). Any Bingos received after this additional ball timer period will be declared invalid.
- Prize Distribution will take place at locations and days designated by the Board of Directors and may change as require
- Net Gaming Proceeds from Bingo Paper sales will be used for:
- First and foremost for the Operational Costs of programs and services offered by The Chetwynd Communications Society. Including:
- Wages, insurance, utilities, equipment and administrative supplies.
- Improving the Community TV Station (CHET TV) and Community Radio Station (CHET FM) studio infrastructure (i.e., flooring, sound proofing, wall treatments etc.,)
- Recording and Producing local community events to be broadcasted on CHET TV and CHET FM.
- Purchasing of new/replacement broadcast electronics for CHET TV and CHET FM. (ie., cameras, microphones, lightings, sound mixers, diagnostics tools etc.,)
- Software and hardware for video & audio production).
- If Net Proceed Funds still remain after being used for Operational Costs of The Chetwynd Communications Society, funds will be used for donations to charitable not-for-profit- organizations or Scholarships throughout the region. Only organizations who have been approved by the GPEB will be considered.
- Directors and employees of the Chetwynd Communications Society and The Prince George Community Radio Society are not permitted to purchase Bingo Paper, to play games, or to win funds.
“Know your limit, play within it.”
For Help Call 1-877-795-6111
Class A Independent Bingo Licence #146929
Chetwynd Communications Society, Box 973, 4612 N Access Road, Chetwynd, BC V0C1J0,